Re: Server-side Form Validation (Perl)

by "Paul Roberts" <roberts_paul(at)bigfoot.com>

 Date:  Sat, 15 Jul 2000 08:39:42 +0100
 To:  "'Quackamoe'" <quackamoe(at)yahoo.com>,
<hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You should validate all data recieved from a web form if only for security
reasons.

The best method is to use both Javacript on the client (fast) and then
re-check on the server, the simplest way is to just return a missing
information page and ask the user to hit back and correct the problems.

Paul Roberts

roberts_paul(at)bigfoot.com
Paul Roberts  <roberts_paul(at)bigfoot.com>
  Web Design : CGI Scripts : e-Commerce
  Web Graphics : Databases : e-Marketing