Re: Form Input boxes displaying differently in NS and IE

by "Francis Mariani" <francis_mariani(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Wed, 24 May 2000 15:26:54 -0500
 To:  "HWG Languages" <hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I used some JavaScript that sets the size of the input textbox depending on
the browser:

    function WriteFilterText(vD_Filter)
    {
    var vBrowser      = navigator.appName;

    if (vBrowser == 'Netscape')
      vSize = 30;
    else
      vSize = 50;

    vInput = '<INPUT class="cssFilterText" TYPE="text" NAME="' +
             vD_Filter + '" SIZE="' + vSize + '"' +
             ' MAXLENGTH="60" onFocus="ProtectText(this);">';

    document.write(vInput);
    }