Re: Cross Browser Fonts

by Sandy Fields <sandy(at)sannicron.com>

 Date:  Sat, 31 Mar 2001 20:49:47 -0500
 To:  hwg-languages(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 02:48 PM 03/29/01, Kathy Wargo wrote:
>Could anyone recommend some good cross browser fonts?
>
>I hate to make up graphics just because Netscape and IE interpret fonts so
>differently.

I'm not positive, but aren't the fonts more of a client/user thing rather
than a browser thing?  I mean if you use a font that the viewer doesn't
have in their computer, it doesn't matter what browser they're using...
they still won't be able to read it.  But if you use a font that they do
have in their computer, both IE and NN can read it.  I think that's the
reason people make graphics, not because of the browser... but because
there's no way to be sure that every viewer has the font that you're
using... unless you use only standard fonts, which gets pretty boring.

Now.. keep in mind that this is what I've always thought and assumed.  If
I'm wrong about this I hope someone will correct me.

-- Sandy
Sannicron Web Design
http://www.sannicron.com