RE: Linux

by "Walter Kesting" <kesting(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Tue, 19 Sep 2000 10:00:21 -0400
 To:  <Reywob(at)aol.com>,
<hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Go get the current version of Red hat.  They are profitable and not going to
go out of business tomorrow morning.  http://www.redhat.com/apps/download/
has a downlaod for free option but it takes a long time as it is a BIG file.
I think it will run on 16 mb of ram and lots of people still run it on a
486. check the web site and see what minimum requirements they have.

The only difficulty with Linux is that EVERY three letter combination means
SOMETHING.  also, there is a linux convention every spring in Raliegh? or
other city. there are also linux magazines and on line sites that provide
discussion and tutorials

Walter
Pax Et Bonum