Re: setting up servers

by "Timothy G. Embler" <hwg(at)myrealbox.com>

 Date:  Tue, 29 Feb 2000 07:21:55 -0800
 To:  <John.ksi(at)webplus.net>,
<hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
The companies mentioned below I would go with would be PSINet or Frontier.
I have used all three of those companies services in the past.  Both of them
have been proving to be reliable.  If you go with the "big boys" you
typically will be paying more then if you went with smaller companies.  The
bigger companies arnt usally as personalble and in my experience have more
errors.  But is not always the case either, I had my first colo before a
couple years ago with a suposedly "mid size" company and after six months
they never even installed it properly in the NOC.  I had to have them return
the server to me and that took another three months to get back even.  You
defiantly have to be carefull of who you go with.  I have found a small
hosting company at lomag.net.  It is small but they do wonderfull work.  I
have been using them for some tasks for awile.  Only problem I have with
them is they have a unix only envirement and I use both.  The company doesnt
have to be near you either for a succesfull colo.  All of mine have always
been on the east coast and i live on the west coast.

Tim