Re: Netscape opening IE

by John.ksi(at)webplus.net

 Date:  Wed, 22 Mar 2000 14:40 EST
 To:  hwg-servers(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>I have clients that use Netscape as there default browser, but I have some
>web stuff that requires IE to run it.  My question: is there a command or
>link reference that while in Netscape if you click on this link it will
>open IE?

Sorry for this non-answer, and I'm not trying to cause animousity,
but permit me to sound off a bit....

Do you really want to "force" people to use IE (as opposed to the
browser they selected to use) when visiting the web site?  Additionally,
from an end-user perspective, I already find it frustrating to
visit a site which requires additional plug-ins even if I have
'em installed (QuickTime, ShockWave, etc).  Speaking only for
myself, then, to use another browser as a "plug-in", if you will,
when I already selected which browser I want to (and don't want to)
use seems unfriendly.

As long as I'm spouting off, :) I don't think there's any
browser-specific feature out there which proves to be the
difference between a website that suceeds and one that fails...?

Having said all that, you can ignore me if ya want to.....  :)

 -John Koch                               -  -  -  __o
 Knowledge Systems, Inc.              -  -  - -  _ \<,_
 <John.ksi(at)webplus.net>                   - -   (_)/ (_)
 (A NET-FRIENDLY SIG. http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Edu/ICG/pt1.ch2.Etiquette.html )