Re: Netscape opening IE

by "Stuart Bridge" <sbridg(at)barrister.com>

 Date:  Wed, 22 Mar 2000 16:08:21 -0500
 To:  <hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>,
<John.ksi(at)webplus.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
This is not for the general public, it is for our employees Intranet.  I =
could make them all use IE and make it the standard for our company =
browsers.  We gave our employees a choice, this could be the problem =
(smile).

I would never make my public sites IE or Netscape only, even though I =
would like to. IE beats Netscape for development features(ActiveX) hands =
down(personal opnion).

Maybe I should have elaborated further on my first post "sorry".

Stuart Bridge
Web System Administrator/ Webmaster
http://www.bispoint.com
http://www.barrister.com
http://www.barrister-net.com
http://www.javelanx.com
http://globalservnet.com/gsn/
Phone: 716-845-5010 x620
Fax:     716-845-0077

>>> <John.ksi(at)webplus.net> 3/22/2000 2:40:00 PM >>>

>I have clients that use Netscape as there default browser, but I have =
some
>web stuff that requires IE to run it.  My question: is there a command or
>link reference that while in Netscape if you click on this link it will
>open IE?

Sorry for this non-answer, and I'm not trying to cause animousity,
but permit me to sound off a bit....

Do you really want to "force" people to use IE (as opposed to the
browser they selected to use) when visiting the web site?  Additionally,
from an end-user perspective, I already find it frustrating to
visit a site which requires additional plug-ins even if I have
'em installed (QuickTime, ShockWave, etc).  Speaking only for
myself, then, to use another browser as a "plug-in", if you will,
when I already selected which browser I want to (and don't want to)
use seems unfriendly.

As long as I'm spouting off, :) I don't think there's any
browser-specific feature out there which proves to be the
difference between a website that suceeds and one that fails...?

Having said all that, you can ignore me if ya want to.....  :)

 -John Koch                               -  -  -  __o
 Knowledge Systems, Inc.              -  -  - -  _ \<,_
 <John.ksi(at)webplus.net>                   - -   (_)/ (_)
 (A NET-FRIENDLY SIG. http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Edu/ICG/pt1.ch2.Etiquette.ht=
ml )