Re: Running an SMTP mail server locally

by Dave Navarro <dave(at)basicguru.com>

 Date:  Mon, 06 Nov 2000 14:36:17 -0500
 To:  hwg-servers(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11/6/2000, Rajnish Bhaskar wrote:
>I've got no idea is this is possible, but I wanted to ask anyway.  My
>question is: can I run an SMTP mail server locally (on my PC at
>home) that I can send mail to that will then forward it out to
>wherever it's supposed to go without going through my ISP's mail
>server?

If you are using Windows NT or Windows 2000 you can install the SMTP server
on your machine that comes with the operating system.

If you are running Windows 95/98 then e-mail me, I may having something
that can help.

--Dave

HWG: hwg-servers mailing list archives, maintained by Web Professional Association - IWA