RE: Microsoft's Personal Web Server - Must I have IE 4.0?

by "Gary Barber" <gazbe(at)omen.com.au>

 Date:  Thu, 23 Jul 1998 17:00:11 +0800
 To:  <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Be aware that IE 3.02 (16 bit) is a different product to IE 3.02 (32 bit) it
will respond differently to javascript and some of the HTML 4 transitional
tags.  With css it is a little different too. just be aware of this if you
are using it for testing and assuming it will look the same as IE 3.02 (32
bit).  In most cases (90%) it will be okay, it's just the odd 10% that will
cause you to rethink your design.

Gary Barber
radharc consultancy services
"Web with Vision"