Re: help me please! (its off the topic but i didn't know where else to

by "Comharsa" <comharsa(at)clara.net>

 Date:  Sun, 23 Jan 2000 19:42:15 -0000
 To:  <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

From: "Michael Burks"

> has anyone considered the fact that some  users might not want to view
your
> site in the fonts you have chosen for them.  Perhaps they prefer their own
> such as arial or helvetica.  Others are often hard to read.  I am not
trying
> to start a flame war, but folks should consider this.  Remember the web is
> among other things an interactive media.

Yes, I have considered this and decided that if I think a site looks best in
a particular font/style/colour/whatever this is how it should look. After
all, who is designing a site? Publishers don't offer books in a range of
fonts so that you can choose the one you prefer to read. This is one
advantage of CSS (positioning, styles etc) and the sooner all browsers
adhere to the standards the better.

All IMHO of course ;-).

Brian
comharsa(at)clara.net