Re: WYSIWYG HTML Editors

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Thu, 18 Mar 1999 08:47:16 +1100
 To:  Chuck Evans <chuck.evans(at)hksystems.com>
 Cc:  hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 14:36 16/03/99 -0800, you wrote:
>What do I need from the list? Opinions on what works best. Front Page 98?
>Netscape Composer? Fusion? Anyone faced with a similar situation?

Depends on what the default browser will be - you did say this was an
intranet, so I assume you have more control over the user interface.

Simple answer:
If the default browser is Netscape, then I'd go with Composer.  If it is
IE, then use Front Page.

Preferred option:
Having said that, Dreamweaver 2 has some nice groupware features built into
it!  You can create a template and _LOCK IN PLACE_ certain objects, styles,
etc.  Inexperienced users can only change certain things.  Dreamweaver
doesn't chop up your code like FP either :)

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne
http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au