Re: The "five second" change

by Rebecca <prikura(at)best.com>

 Date:  Wed, 04 Mar 1998 13:33:11 -0800
 To:  hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>But, back to browsers, is it really possible that one can change browsers
>in "5 seconds?" Can one even get Internet Explorer to shut down in that
>much time? Or find the menu options? Or get the application of that size
>started under Windows? In five seconds?

The "5 seconds" test doesn't work.
It takes longer than 5 seconds to launch IE download Netscape 4.0
(Navigator only), uninstall IE, and install Netscape.

I doubt the Bill Gates is going to pack Netscape with the next version of
windows, so users will still have to download and install if they don't
have a copy on floppy or CD already.

Rebecca

MonsterWeb:  the Monsters in Gaming Website
http://www.monsterweb.simplenet.com
Plague 5 http://www.monsterweb.simplenet.com/plagued/