Re: Visual Interdev 6

by Dan Cash <dmcash(at)facstaff.wisc.edu>

 Date:  Fri, 12 Feb 1999 14:08:50 -0600
 To:  hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:21 AM 2/12/99 Friday, Kayla Block wrote:
>At 9:34 AM -0600 2/12/99, Dan Cash wrote:
>>I saw an example of Vis Interdev 6 in action last week,

>IMO, Interdev is better than Homesite....especially if the html you are
>coding is meant to be used in a software product rather than a
>website. I
>have 5.0. What did you see that you liked?

>From 5.0 to Homesite, I didn't see much for straight webdesign.
Lots of things for database access, but for straight HTML it
was one step above notepad. In 6, you have the drop-down
boxes containing every attribute possible just by putting the
cursor inside the tag, and a sidebar containing any relevant
info - like the entire structure of a table, or nested tables, letting
you edit any aspect of them. It appears to have taken all its
functionality for VB programming and applied the same
functions to HTML.
That's what I could get from a 10 or 15 minute demo. But it
made me want to get my hands on it. :-)
The only thing it lacked was HS's ftp capability, which I use
all the time. It's nice to treat remote files like they were on
a network drive. Just a little lag time in load and save. But
one feature isn't going to cut it, I don't think.