Re: Cross browser issue with position:absolute...

by "Tim Rivera" <lists(at)timrivera.com>

 Date:  Mon, 27 Dec 2004 22:12:19 -0500
 To:  <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Is there some way to force the text to not change, no matter what?

Just use an absolute font size. You have "smallest! important", but
"smallest" is not a valid font size, and even if it were it would be
ignored because you are not using "!important" correctly. Try using
"xx-small !important" (actually the !important shouldn't even be
necessary.) For information on font sizes, read
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/fonts.html#propdef-font-size

> 2.  The drop-down menu is position:absolute; and this puts in where
> I want in IE at present or in Firefox, but, apparently, top must be
> different for each.

If I remember correctly, for a block to have a reliable absolute
position, the containing block should be given "position: relative".
Otherwise, the positioned block could be positioned with respect to
either the containing block (which is correct) or to the page (buggy
browser.)

Tim