Re: Fonts for Mac viewing

by "Eric A. Meyer" <eam3(at)po.cwru.edu>

 Date:  Tue, 19 Oct 1999 13:22:12 -0400
 To:  hwg-style(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Somewhere, I read something about Mac rendering fonts smaller ... cannot
>remember where. But what is the best way to solve this problem?
>
>[...zap...]
>
>So .... does anyone know of a good tutorial on this issue? Any personal
>experience about how best to set text properties for Mac viewing?

   Okay, this question keeps coming up again and again, so I'm going to
recommend that everyone on the list go here:

     http://style.verso.com/

   Read all of the articles related to font sizes, the FONT tag, and text
styling in general.  Make sure to start with the GID essay "Why Points
Suck," and work your way out from there.

--
Eric A. Meyer  -  eam3(at)po.cwru.edu  -  http://www.cwru.edu/home/eam3.html
 Editor, Style Sheets Reference Guide  http://style.webreview.com/