RE: Personal Web Server for Windows 2000

by "Brett Errington" <brett(at)opensearch.com>

 Date:  Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:14:12 +0800
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Sorry

I have to make a correction there. Windows 2000 Professional comes with
Personal Web Server and is available via the normal windows setup tab in
Add/Remove Programs. This does actually install IIS but it's a scaled
down version. Windows 2000 Server and above use IIS (the full version)
and so does Windows XP Professional. Using Personal Web Server on
windows 2000 professional is a good way to start if you have no
experience in this area however you soon find its limitations.

Later,
Brett

"Oooooh... they have the Internet on computers now..." - Homer Simpson