Re: HTML3.2 - background images and edge-to-edge tables

by "Roger Stenning" <roger(at)isgwds.enterprise-plc.com>

 Date:  Mon, 21 May 2001 23:48:23 +0100
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>,
"Kimiko Drew" <macruimmon(at)earthlink.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Kimiko -

Thanks for the swift reply (almost by return, no less); nice to see
another person involved in Role Playing, even (dig, dig!) if it is
LARP, lol!

> At 10:20 PM 5/21/01 +0100, Roger Stenning wrote:
> >Does anyone know of a way, without the use of frames, of either
> >avoiding the off-the-edge background image run-off for all screen
> >sizes, or, failing that, of getting the tables to run to the very
edge
> >of the screen?
>
> I have created a similar table for a navbar, although it ended up in
> frame, but would work without a frame. To get the table to flush
with the
> edges use the following in your body tag
>
> <.body bgcolor="#333333" background="images/marb078.jpg"
leftmargin="0"
> topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" .>
>
> That should cover for both IE and NN.

Sorry, it didn't work. Thanks for the idea, though.

For every one's benefit, I've uploaded an example to:

http://website.lineone.net/~g1liw/mcon/problem.html

This illustrates the problem, probably better than I can put it into
words here.

If you reply off list, please copy the reply to the list as well; I'd
obviously like eveyone to benefit from my woes!

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Roger Stenning
Proprietor,
Intelligent Web Design Services
http://iws.n3.net/
(PGP public key available on request)
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message
may not be those of IWS. The information in this email and
in any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should not retain, copy or
use this email for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of
its content to any other person - you should also destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify
the sender immediately.