RE: Strange Netscape Problem

by "tim booker" <timbooker(at)btinternet.com>

 Date:  Sun, 29 Oct 2000 14:18:50 -0000
 To:  "Hwg (E-mail)" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello All,

Yes, IE is integrated with Windows.  What's the problem?  It makes the
browser incredibly useable.  More than Netscape ever could be.

It is an added bonus that IE is closer to the standards that NN4 has ever
been.

When writing CSS and using HTML elements such as <iframe>s and
document.getElementById(), I am well justified in shouting "I HATE NETSCAPE"
at my alarmed colleagues.  Netscape 4 is dead.  Thankfully.

Getting a page to display in Netscape 4 is now nothing more than an exercise
in backwards compatibility.

Tim