RE: Disabling "View Source"

by "John Woram" <john(at)woram.com>

 Date:  Wed, 10 Jul 2002 08:58:17 -0400
 To:  "Linda Mercer/Wishstar" <catnip(at)ais.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I looked at the archive8.htm file, and then as an experiment copied
the page to my hard drive. It took about 15 minutes to convert most of
it back into conventional HTML, and if I had a program to do this it
probably would take only 15 seconds. Also, the encrypted file seems to
be about 3 times the size of the original HTML source. So, I think
this encryption is more trouble than it's worth. If there was anything
really sensitive in the code, the encryption offers about zero
protection. And for everything else, it just slows down the page load
to a crawl--seems like a good way to drive viewers away; even those
who don't even want to look at the source.

John Woram