Re: Disabling "View Source"

by "Bob Laurence" <webguy(at)re-data.com>

 Date:  Wed, 10 Jul 2002 06:43:28 -0700
 To:  <john(at)woram.com>,
"Linda Mercer/Wishstar" <catnip(at)ais.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

HI guys and gals,

I have been following these disable view source questions
on all forums since 1996 and to this day it will not work!

Maybe this will help;

If I am correct in assuming that we use HTTP (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol)
to download the htm (ASCII text) to the users computer so that the users
browsers
can read it and can also display it,then........

In order for the browsers to interpret the code and display what is
written it has to see the code as does everybody who looks at a web
page because it is downloaded in your cache. Since HTML is so
basic I do not understand why the attempt to hide it.

If you are doing programming than you can use Perl of PHP then
upload the scripts to the server where the servers process it and
send the output to your browser unlike html which needs to be
seen by the browsers to interpret it.

So it  would seem that the only way to hide HTML source code
would be to never upload it :)

Think about it :)

bob
Thought For The Day:
I know no time which is lost more thoroughly than that
devoted to arguing on matters of fact with a disputant
who has no facts, but only very strong convictions