RE: Uploading Video Files

by "Mike Carlson" <domitianx(at)domitianx.com>

 Date:  Sat, 29 Sep 2001 21:33:34 -0500
 To:  "'Sandy Fields'" <sandy(at)sannicron.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
No, pretty much all players play MPEG. Its been around forever.

I know for sure Quicktime, Windows Media Player and Real Player play
MPEG.

They WILL need a player, it really doesn't matter which one. MPEG is a
standard (Moving Picture Experts Group). There are different codecs for
MPEG, for example Windows Media Format uses MPEG 4, MP3 is Moving
Picture Experts Group Layer-3 Audio (audio file format/extension), so
you may want to ask the question what codecs and format they will be
using. But if it is MPEG, there are dozens of players for that format.

Mike Carlson
http://www.domitianx.com
domitianx(at)domitianx.com

Thought Of The Moment:

"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features."

26&type=A