RE: annoying websites and just plain old... stuff

by "Evelyn Hunter" <boots(at)aloha.net>

 Date:  Fri, 6 Jul 2001 09:33:57 -1000
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Just my own personal preference, and that of most of the people I know
the actively surf the Net.  I said, CONTENT IS IMPORTANT, but how you
present that content is important as well.  That is why I have a very
high respect for graphics designers and those who put a little more
into their presentations (on and offline) than stand-alone text.  My
opinion and my personal preference.

It's sort of like the college professor that talks in a monotone voice
compared to the one that creates interest in what he is teaching --
fall asleep in class, or, actually learn something because your
interest has been woken up.  This is not to say that sites should have
flash presentations with no useful content, by the same token, those
sites are useless.  I think the goal is to find a happy medium to
enable the best experience for those who visit your site.

Evelyn