Re: Javascript usage in site (for new windows and NS-CSS)

by "apathetic" <tmbkr(at)apatheticgenius.com>

 Date:  Sun, 30 Dec 2001 09:17:49 -0000
 To:  <cbirds(at)earthlink.net>
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> My site stats say 46% were using Netscape as of yesterday.........

Fascinating.  The sites I work on tend to show less than 10% of people using
Netscape.  Most are less than 5%.  These are sites with between 50 and 100
unique users per day.

I'd be interested to hear how many hits you get on your site.  Statistics
like this might be due to some sort of distortion in your logs.   Are you
tracking unique visitors, or hits?  Do you browse the site in Netscape
yourself?  Are you using your server log files, or some other tracking
method?

> I code specifically for Netscape (4.7.8 Communicator build) and then
> check to see if it works in IE and AOL, since many use AOL as well.......)

If you are certain that it's appropriate for your site, then that's fine.
However, it does go against every statistic I've seen for the past couple of
years.

It's a whole debate of it's own, which I don't wish to get into.

Tim