RE: Frames and image splicing again ...

by "tim booker" <timbooker(at)lineone.net>

 Date:  Sun, 11 Jun 2000 23:54:22 +0100
 To:  "'Todd Heitner'" <todd(at)kosoma.com>
 Cc:  "Hwg Techniques (E-mail)" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Todd,

The problem is that Netscape is VERY inaccurate when it calculates frame and
table sizes.  It makes it incredibly difficult when you're trying to create
a very tight graphical layout using several frames.

There's not much I can suggest to get around the problem, except having
another look at your design and seeing if you can allow a bit of 'slack' for
Netscape to play with.  I tend to design my framesets with a little extra
space so it wont look too bad when Netscape chops it off.

The problem is that the Web is a very unpredictable medium.  We can NEVER be
sure how the site will appear to the end user.

Hope this helps,

Tim