RE: Frames and image splicing again ...

by "tim booker" <timbooker(at)lineone.net>

 Date:  Sun, 11 Jun 2000 17:45:28 +0100
 To:  <ideas(at)creativegenius.ca>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello.

Try adding the following attributes to both of your frameset tags:

framespacing="0" frameborder="0" border="0"

This should eliminate the space.

I noticed another problem with the frameset.  While IE is very accurate when
it calculates the size of your frames, Netscape is awful.  This means that,
at some resolutions, Netscape seems to chop a part of your image off, and it
doesn't line up at all.  I would suggest taking another look at the
structure of your framesets.

Another problem is the way that you have mixed absolute pixel sizes with
percentages.  Look at this:

<FRAMESET ROWS="111,80%">

Given that screen sizes vary widely, if the first frame is EXACTLY 111
pixels high, how can the second frame be EXACTLY 80% of the window?
Instead, you should be using ROWS="111,*".  The asterisk indicates that the
second frame will fill the remainder of the window.

Hope all this helps,

Tim