Re: smart tags

by "Bob Laurence" <webguy(at)re-data.com>

 Date:  Sat, 18 Aug 2001 09:43:46 -0700
 To:  "Noteworthy Web Designs" <webmaster(at)noteworthydesigns.com>,
"HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

from the keyboard of Karen::

<<<<<<<Does anyone know anything about this?
 http://killertacticsjournal.com/archive/081901.htm?081801z_081901
 I have a customer who subscribes to this who is very concerned<<<<<<<<<<<<

YES!

Include this tag to stop them

Although MS says they are not going to be included in this new
release of IE 6 they will not give up this project according to their
sources.

It means added revenue for them as they can redirect anyone, who visits a
site that the tags are not disabled. The Smart Tags that are enabled on any
site
 can redirect the visitor to another site owned or operated by MS

So much for that oft used term "Is your site sticky?"

Not anymore! All the money we spent trying to get people to  our
site (i.e. to buy a car) and they come across a word like BMW, they
will be redirected to CarPoint as an example with a link under the word BMW.

Would that not make every site builder an advertiser for a MS owned site?

Now that is Monopolistic!!

It is downright intentionally Interfering With the business of another
as well as infringement of the copyrights of the site owner, in my humble
 but outraged opinion.

bob
re-data.com
visit