Re: DHTML & CSS update

by "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita(at)home.ro>

 Date:  Thu, 26 Jun 2003 15:04:36 +0300
 To:  <mkear(at)afpwebworks.com>,
"'Billy Dean'" <billy61(at)earthlink.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
It depends what you think it means "good stuff".
What "good stuff" means for you might not mean for your page visitors and
you know that their opinion is important.

For example, I've seen a web site of a bank from my country where almost all
the pages use to include over 500 KB (.css, .js, .html, .php, .gif, and .jpg
files) but the useful content of each new page seen was only a few lines.
Maybe the design of those pages is very attractive, I don't know, because I
cannot see them, but even when I was sighted I didn't like to download a lot
of Flash annimations and images just for the pleasure of seeing them.
I was a Flash designer but I didn't like to download Flash annimations, so
it is not important what you like but what your audience does.

Teddy,
Teddy's Center: http://teddy.fcc.ro/
Email: orasnita(at)home.ro