Re: H1 tags in NN 4

by "Lisa Bradshaw" <zibbler(at)web-design-cs.com>

 Date:  Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:59:14 -0500
 To:  <thewolves(at)bigfoot.com>
 Cc:  "HWG Techniques Email List" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ah hah! That's the problem. Actually I had the <h1> inside a <div> that had
the font size set. Work's great now.

And now for another Nestscape problem. This time with NN6.2. I'm designing a
web site for a client with a unique layout. The main body of content has to
be inside a <div> in order to format it correctly. It is basically a CSS box
with the content inside it. I want the box to be centered on the page. It
works fine in IE6 and surprisingly NN 4.7, but NN6.2 displays it off center
to the right. I've tried messing with margins, and using
background-position: center, but it still won't line up right. I even tried
centering the <div> using <center>, but then all the text becomes centered,
which I don't want. Will float work, or is that only for images?

Here's the style I have for the body and <div>:

body {
    scrollbar-3d-light-color:#cfc;
           scrollbar-arrow-color:#ffccff;
           scrollbar-base-color:#ab19ad;
           scrollbar-dark-shadow-color:#c9c;
           scrollbar-face-color:#ab19ad;
           scrollbar-highlight-color:#cc33cc;
           scrollbar-shadow-color:#c9c;
    scrollbar-track-color: #c9c;
    margin-left: 20px;
    margin-right: 20px;
    background-image:url(BF_stars.gif);
           background-position:left;
           background-attachment:fixed;
    background-color: #000;
 }

div.box1 {
    background-color: #ab19ad;
   /* background-position: center; */
      color: #000;
     border-style: outset;
     border-color: #cc33cc;
    padding: 20px;
    width: 600px;
     font-family: arial;
    font-size: 16px;
    border-width: 8px;
    font-weight: bold;
    margin-left: 70px;
    margin-right: 70px;
 }

Here's the URL if you want to take a look at it:
http://www.web-design-cs.com/temps/index.html

Thanks again,
Lisa
Lisa Bradshaw ,  Web Designer