Re: HTML - why bother?

by "Tamara Nelson" <tamara(at)sanctusmoo.com>

 Date:  Mon, 23 Apr 2001 19:07:41 -0400
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I've been reading this discussion and thought I'd throw in my two cents.

The company I work for got me Dreamweaver in the hopes it would speed up my
web development time.  I messed around with it for a week and put it away.
I code much much faster in Notepad - or simple text, for that matter - and I
NEVER have a problem making cross-browser compatible tables. I've been
trying to get used to Dreamweaver now that I have more time and I still
don't like it even though I've broken down and used it for quick visual
layouts (like I used to do in Photoshop).

Does <i>anyone</i> value the hard work a hand coder puts in?   This web
designer I know out here relies heavily on Front Page and wonders why I
"wasted (my) time learning that HTML nonsense".   Someone likened HTML to
math and I used a similar if not so eloquent comparison back then.  They are
currently looking for work and wonder why they can't find a job as a
designer...HTML, of course, being a MINIMUM requirement...

To all my fellow hand coders out there, I appreciate you, even if no one
else does. *grin*

Tam

> Though I use DW as my
> code-level layout tool, about 90% of my page creation time is spent in
Homesite, for