Re: Favicon

by "tim booker" <timbooker(at)btinternet.com>

 Date:  Thu, 3 May 2001 09:57:42 +0100
 To:  <David.Artiss(at)boots.co.uk>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Create a 16x16px, 16 colour icon file.

Put it in the root of your site, eg:

http://www.timbooker.com/favicon.ico

Whever someone bookmarks your site in IE5, it looks for the file at that
location.

If you want to store the file in another location, you can use some HTML
code, although I've never tried this:

<LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="http://www.timbooker.com/whatever.ico">

It might be somewhat confusing getting favicon to work.  You might need to
close your browser and kill your cache before you see the result of your
changes.

More information at http://www.favicon.com/

Cheers,

Tim