Re: trouble convincing client of ecommerce security requirements

by "Don Haller" <grizzlygraphics(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Tue, 5 Mar 2002 17:47:57 -0500
 To:  "Noteworthy Web Designs" <webmaster(at)noteworthydesigns.com>,
<cbirds(at)earthlink.net>
 Cc:  "HWG" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I'm coming in on the end of this thread, but I think I missed why the
customer doesn't want SSL and a certificate.  Is it solely based on the
comments of their bank?  Or do they just not have the money to pay for the
stamp or extra development costs?

I ran a small e-commerce site for years and used a THAWT certificate owned
by the host, I paid them $10 per month for the use of their certificate and
some other service they supplied.  couldn't your do that for them?  If they
are that hung up on not using SSL, maybe they should find another developer.

My 2cents

Don Haller