Re: MSSmartTagsPreventParsing.. What about the other ones?

by "Lisa Bradshaw" <zibbler(at)web-design-cs.com>

 Date:  Sun, 21 Apr 2002 19:54:53 -0400
 To:  "HWG list" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
"Andrew McFarland" <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> >Ouch!  Trivia question: Which ones do that?  Thanks!
>
> Well, there's Netscape 4, quite possibly the worst browser there is.

Here, here!! NN4 is ALWAYS the fly in the ointment for me. I don't care how
clean my code is, NN4 seems to have a mind of it's own!

> Have a look at http://aamcf.co.uk/temp/botch in IE or Mozilla, or Netscape
> 6. Then take a look at the source code and guess how it will appear in
> Netscape 4. Now have a look in Netscape 4. This bug is so unpredictable
> even though I knew Netscape would screw it up I didn't know exactly how it
> would screw it up until I tried.

Yuck! What a mess! Good ol' NN4 strikes again.

> I know of a few other display oddities in different browsers, but none as
> bad as Netscape 4.
>
> Andrew

Yup. That's why I wish NN4 would hurry up and die! I don't want to start a
browser war here, but NN 4 really is a BAD browser! I can't tell you how
many times I've spent hours on a project, meticulously making sure my code
was clean and up to standards, only to find NN4 screwed it up, then I would
have to find some kludge to "semi" fix it. UGGGHHH! Opera seems to have some
strange quirks too.

Just my 0.02 FWIW,
Lisa