Re: Minor Netscape question

by "Justin H." <justinh(at)whidbey.net>

 Date:  Mon, 19 Mar 2001 17:35:05 -0800
 To:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Make sure the server is sending the proper MIME type.  It sounds like it's
sending text/plain right now.

IE will see the .xls and display the file as an excel document.  Netscape
will see text/plain and display it as text.  The reason for the corruption,
is because Netscape sees the text MIME type, and does CR/LF conversions on
the file when it downloads it.

Justin H.