Re: OT: Win98 vs Win2000

by "Rudy Gomez" <rudy(at)cyberangler.com>

 Date:  Thu, 22 Nov 2001 07:01:16 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I've been using CuteFTP for years and I love it.  Your comments below left
me cold, so I read the article on The LangaList.

The article mentions a file (Advert.dll) that runs the alleged spyware
Trojan horse.  The article goes on to explain how to remove it.  But more to
the point, I'm running CuteFTP 4.2 and this file does not exist.

The LangaList article was written in March of 2000.  At that time, CuteFTP
had a freeware version that ran banner ads until you decided to register it.
I would venture to guess that this spyware was only included in the freeware
version because it is no where to be found on my current commercial version.

God Bless America,

rudy(at)cyberangler.com    }><(((((())))�� ...><`>
http://cyberangler.com/    /      `````//''             ...><`>