Re: <STYLE>hover</STYLE>

by "Cindy Stanley - Stanley Support Service" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Wed, 9 Feb 2000 15:44:34 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Roger Harness <magic32(at)jps.net>
>Forgive me for asking such a probably simple question, but does anyone
know
>a good source of information about these tags:
>
><STYLE>
>A:link {text-decoration: none}
>A:link {color: #FFBB00}
>A:visited {text-decoration: none}
>A:visited {color: #FF9F00}
>A:hover {color: #99CCFF}
>A:hover {text-decoration: underline}
></STYLE>

Anchor Pseudo-Classes:
<http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/css/structure.html#pseudo>

W3C's CSS Home Page:
<http://www.w3.org/Style/>

>IS this actually a form of css??

Yes

>Is it just an IE5 thing?

No, even though NN is not quite up to par with CSS, it should be soon.
CSS1 was introduced in the version 4 browsers, although the A:hover
pseudo-class is IE4+ specific, for now. There is also CSS2, which is
supported by IE5 and/or NN5 (not sure about NN ... someone else step in
please).

> Is there anything as simple for netscape or lower
>versions of IE?

javascript?

>Will this do any damage to a page in anything other then
>IE5??

Browsers that don't support style sheets can still render the document
as a standard HTML document, while those that do support style sheets
render the content on the page as defined by the style rules.

--
Cindy K. Stanley
Stanley Support Service