Re: Updateable text in HTML page

by Kathy Wheeler <kathyw(at)home.albury.net.au>

 Date:  Thu, 25 Apr 2002 07:06:00 +1000
 To:  "Lonna Poland" <lonna(at)granbury.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
PHP is a very elegant and powerful scripting language that could do this for
you. I have a number of client editable pages on servers from Germany to
Australia using scripts I've written myself, but there are existing scripts
you could probably adapt without too much trouble and I'm sure some on this
list could point you in the right direction. www.php.net and
www.phpbuilder.com would be good places to start.

PHP will interface with numerous databases, and flat files (plain text, xml,
csv) if databases are not available. It's also a very nice language to learn.

Good luck,
KathyW.