Re: DHTML Menus

by "N. Whittley" <nwhittley(at)cinci.rr.com>

 Date:  Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:22:43 -0500
 To:  "Jason" <dawgclan(at)shaw.ca>,
"Website Help List" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> I would like to know if any of these topmenu's work in IE, Netscape and
> Mozilla. If someone with these browsers would please check then I have
> checked IE but cannot get Netscape or Mozilla. Thanks
> These ones are my priority.
> http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/sm/index.htm

--MSIE 6.0 this worked and moved as I scrolled the page.

--Netscape 6.2.1 the menu is fixed at the top and the drop downs do not show
over the banner ad. They hide behind it, rendering it unsuable.

-- MSIE 5.5 - it moves when you scroll and works nicely.

-- Netscape 4.6 it works beautifully over the Banner, but is fixed to the
top.

> http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/horizon.htm

-MSIE 6.0, Netscape 6.2.1, Netscape 4.6, MSIE 5.5  it works well, all
identical, only
I can't tell if it interferes with other items on the page such as the
banner, since nothing else
is on the page.

> If they don't work then these ones.
> http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/topnavbar.htm

-MSIE 6.0  this one works fine..
-Netscape 6.2.1  There is nothing there, it doesn't show at all.
-MSIE 5.5 and Netscape 4.7  menu works fine..

If you have any control over that page, I sure wish you could turn off that
nasty flashing banner.(personal gripe)

> http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/topmen3/index.htm

--MSIE 6.0 worked very well
--Netscape 6.2.1 worked, but there was hesitation for me. When I scrolled
over a button, it hesitated a second like it was thinking about it, before
dropping the menu.
--Netscape 4.6 worked very well
--MSIE 5.5 worked very well.

> http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/topmen4/index.htm

Cool Beans on this one..
--MSIE 6.0  Loved the images in the buttons, and the effects, tiny bit
sluggish on drop downs,
no take that back it is a sort of fade in affect.
--Netscape 6.2.1  Images where there, effects where not, still sluggish on
drop, sort of a jittery movement when loading the images on second drop
under Webmaster, but nothing too bad.

--MSIE 5.5, images show well, menu flows smoothly from button to button.
--Netscape 4.6 images do show, fade in affect isnt' there, and on the
Webmaster button the images
don't switch as it does for the others.

I do not have Mozilla loaded.

Nancy