Re: Client updates?

by "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Fri, 04 Feb 2000 16:00:48 EST
 To:  cbickford(at)sitebuilder.org,
hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
If you're talking about a significant size site, with a significant size
client, then Allaire has a product called Spectra, which is a publishing
system, so a number of client staff can contribute and keep the whole site
under control.

I say "significant" size, because it's a few thousand bucks.  It more than
pays for itself in a site of appropriate size, because it means you can have
non-technical people contributing web pages - kind of like Front Page was
intended to be but fell short.

For small sites, I'd say your best bet is (A) to use word, save as html,
then upload the pages yourself after cleaning up the mess through
Dreamweaver or something similar, or (B) use a web app to allow the users to
paste text into a web template, like some of the 'free' web sites do.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers,
Mike Kear,
AFP Web Development