RE: password protected webpages

by "Duncan Austin" <duncan1a(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Wed, 05 Apr 2000 23:46:43 PDT
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
You've named the file the same as the password. While this is fine for  low
security and where you don't have users creating their own passwords, it is
not a serious solution. If a hacker sees the contents of your directory or
your ftp password is compromised your security is gone. Aslo everyone
working for tech in your isp can see it - therefore it's not good for
sensitive info.