RE: Is the Customer Always Right?

by Susan Vollmer <susanvollmer(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Wed, 5 Sep 2001 04:51:24 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  HWG Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hi Jami,

Something else to consider, perhaps your client would
agree to just an e-mail link at the bottom of each
page.  The client would be the link for inquiries
regarding the product or service.  You would be the
link for technical inquiries, such as notifying of a
broken link, or questions regarding how you created
something on the site.

Also, if you provided any original photography or
writing to the site, you could just place your name
and the copyright emblem without a link to build your
own name recognition.  If you want to see an example
of how I did this, kindly look at:

http://www.nostalgicgarden.com

There is also an order form for more information on
the site, and that goes to the client not me.

Let the client know you will do what is requested, but
that you could use help in trying to establish your
business.  Perhaps the client can give you verbal
referrals of others who may need new or revamped
sites.

Regards,
Susan V.

> > I have a client for whom I have done a webpage.
After it being up for almost a year, he has asked that
I remove my link from the bottom of his pages.