Re: Browsers - Was... Javascript usage in site

by "cbirds(at)earthlink.net" <cbirds(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Tue, 1 Jan 2002 19:55:10 -0500
 To:  "HWG" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Paul Wilson hunted and pecked out this message on 1/1/2002 11:13 AM

>Netscape lost market share many years ago because they were charging for
>Netscape. I know, I bought a 1.2 version for Windows 95.  I even paid extra
>because it had extra utilities to help you manage your bookmarked links.  I
>had expected a lot and it was only marginally better than it's Mosaic
>predecessor which had been free.  To be honest, I didn't see enough in it to
>value it at the $65 or so I paid. The bookmark software?  Well it often
>resulted in the blue screen of death.

Wow, I've used the original since v2.01 and never paid for Netscape, how
is it you had to?
And once in a great while a too-heavy website will cause it to quit, but
it never   whole system  (This is a Mac and I haven't seen the "bomb" in
years) I just clear my cache and restart it.