Re: Doctype and replace()

by jalal <the_jalal(at)fastmail.fm>

 Date:  Sun, 14 Mar 2004 15:16:21 +0100
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Sun 14 March 2004 14:36, Gary Krockover wrote:
> As much as I like Opera, and it's become my primary browser, I find that
> there's still some sites that it just wont work well with.  I don't know if
> it still has some problems handling some CSS2 elements, java applets or
> even some javascripts, but there's times that I have to go open up IE
> because Opera just doesn't display properly or in some extreme cases,
> function at all.  Granted, this is become more and more rare with each
> release it seems like, which is good as I can't wait to be rid of IE for
> good.  Personal opinions of course.  :)
>
> GK

It could be that Opera is improving... or it could be that folks is starting
to write more standards compliant sites without the special "IE" extensions
that mess up other browsers.

I'm also a great fan of Opera, I use it as my 'compliance testing' browser.
For day to day use I prefer Firefox.

jal
--

GPG fingerprint = 3D45 5509 D380 26A4 523E  A9D8 A66A 5F38 CA43 BB0E