Re: DHTML z-index

by Michael Jon Muehlendorf <haoka(at)wi.tds.net>

 Date:  Tue, 22 Jan 2002 20:10:10 -0600
 To:  "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi List -

I have taken an interest in this thread, albeit passive, until now. The
only reason I'm writing is to offer this link:

<http://weddingdreams.com/>

This site has a thin menu bar across the top of the page that re-positions
itself as you scroll down. If you scroll down far enough, you can get the
drop down menus to cover some form text boxes, and those rascals DON'T show
through (IE 5.5). I do not see any DHTML, but there is a "menu.js" call in
the code...is this the same as DHTML? <blush>

TIA, and happy HTMLing,

Mike

At 04:07 PM 1/20/02 -0500, Darrell King wrote:
>I have a DHTML menu that drops down over a form select field.  Where the
>menu hits the select, the select shows through, effectively cutting a hole
>in the menu.
>
>I've given the div the field is in a z-index of 0, and the menu a z-index of
>1.  Still, the form field is visible, instead of being covered by the menu.
>
>Any ideas?

Michael Jon Muehlendorf
Scenic Bluffs Webcrafters
http://www.scenic-bluffs.com/