Re: Text-only websites ?

by faucet(at)earthlink.net

 Date:  Fri, 06 Jul 2001 16:18:08 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Michael wrote:
>In general I agree that many sites contain far too much pizzazz and
>twirly flashie thingies.

This discussion reminds me of an old family saying--a friend's family,
actually...so it's even older. Her grandma had been a seamstress as many
women were then. A rich female client commissioned her to make a blouse and
attach some French lace the client had brought from France. There was 50
yards of the lace and the client wanted it all on the front! Hence the
saying, "50 yards of French lace--all in front" has come to mean something
akin to "too much of a good thing."

I don't like a plain text site with no color...but there sure a bunch of
sites with "50 yards" when a "yard or two" would have been pleasing.

--Deedee