Re: Jaggies

by Virginia Blalock <virginia(at)visionsnet.com>

 Date:  Thu, 09 Mar 2000 01:28:08 -0600
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:24 PM 3/9/00 -0600, Kym Jones wrote:

>I have tried using blurring the edge with the blur tool in PhotoImpact and
>that's long winded and not terribly successful either although using the
>button designer with a bevel of 1 does smooth it out quite a bit it's just
>not quite enough.
>
>Is there a way in PSP to smooth out the bottom edge without the pattern in
>the graphic deteriorating/blurring and without me attacking the darned
>thing pixel by pixel and going crosseyed ?

In general I have been mostly successful doing this: select your graphic,
then contract your selection by x pixels( the x being how many pixels you
think the jaggies are taking up) and then feather by that same number of
pixels. Then I usually copy and then paste as a new image. Then try and
apply your shadow.

Virginia's Visions
http://www.visionsnet.com