Re: Non-US Domain Registrations

by SUrOB / NYCZone <leviking(at)worldonline.fr>

 Date:  Wed, 15 Mar 2000 11:31:08 +0100
 To:  Chuck Evans <Chucke(at)captura.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Chuck,
there's a lot of sites about this topic, but when i need it, i always
forget the address and search again, so sorry ...
To register domaine name in france, like  yoursociety.fr, it's very hard
and take some time and some money, it's more expansive that a .com domaine
even at NSI's prices. For registering in .fr, just go to www.afnic.fr,
where you'll can find all agreed company, which can register in .fr ...
To have "cabot.fr", your societe must be named cabot and must show a KBIS,
which is a paper who proves that this society exists.
If it's a domaine name for just a trademark, there's also domaine name in
.tm.fr
Last possibity, the awful (don't use it, anybody use it)  .com.fr
Hope it can help you !

At 14:39 14/03/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Sorry for the slightly off-topic nature of this request, but I need to get
>information on registering non-US domains for my company, such as for
>Canada, France, Germany, etc. Is there a site I can go to with basic
>information on how to go about this? Are there any companies that will do
>this for multiple countries? I dread having to personally apply to every
>single country we may decide to register.

SUrOB, a member of the group NYCZone
Our mission is to help people to create their own effective web site
Advices & hosting available free on http://www.nyczone.net