Re: Netscape/CSS/Tables

by Nathan Lyle <natlyle(at)nmu.edu>

 Date:  Mon, 30 Oct 2000 23:21:28 -0500
 To:  "Charles A. Upsdell" <chuck(at)upsdell.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
<Chuck>
>No, it did not change.  What did change was Netscape's support of external
>JS and CSS files:  NN4.00-4.07 were truly awful, often not reloading JS and
>CSS files when the user refreshed the page or went back to a previously
>viewed page.  This was (mostly) fixed in NN4.08, though it continues to
>raise up its nasty head in rarer circumstances.

I've noticed that problem... it's one of the few things about Netscape that
gets under my skin. I generally like it much better than IE (though I
usually feel negatively about IE just because Microsoft is responsible for it.)

Resizing a window and having all javascript generated sections disappear is
annoying to say the least. :-/

Ick.

~Nathan Lyle

http://euclid.nmu.edu/~natlyle
natlyle(at)nmu.edu or jopling(at)geocities.com
(906)227-5736

"Wisdom is not acquired save as the result of investigation." - Sankara
Acharya