re: extracting pix from MS word

by Bob Unger <rbu(at)akula.com>

 Date:  Sun, 23 Dec 2001 16:49:14 -0500
 To:  "HWG techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thanks to all who sent advice on extracting pics from a Micro$oft Word doc.

I tried the first suggestion - selecting the pics in Word and pasting it
into my graphics program - Photoshop.  Unfortunately the result was
unacceptable. It lost too much quality compared to the original.

The next suggestion worked beautifully.  I saved the doc as an html
file.  This created a subdirectory containing the pics in .png format.  I
opened these in Photoshop and saved them as .jpgs and the result was near
perfect.

Thanks for the help everyone!
Bob Unger
rbu(at)akula.com