Re: Homesite (was RE: DreamWeaver 3.0 vs. DreamWeaver 4.0)

by Stephen Johnston <pepe(at)gainsay.com>

 Date:  Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:58:54 -0500
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:28 PM 01/24/2001 -0500, you wrote:
> > Now that the merger between the two companies has been
> > announced, I would expect Macromedia to be even more
> > supportive of Homesite.
>
>Well, I hope so, but why would they? I'm betting they're going to let
>Homesite whither in order to push Dreamweaver.
>
>Raymond Mosley

I believe I read in Adobe's press release that they consider the products
complimentary and that they intend to do something along the lines of
incorporating features of the products into each other. They may just be
giving it lip service but I wouldn't expect them to just let a successful
product whither on the vine. They will probably find something to do with
it, even if the end result is that Dreamweaver is the product that
benefits.  I would certainly not expect it to drop off the face of the
earth anytime soon.

-Stephen