Re: Front Page

by Bob Mathews <bobm(at)dessci.com>

 Date:  Sun, 25 Mar 2001 06:41:49 -0600
 To:  HWG Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

And at 16:38 3/25/2001 +0700, Alvin Arrazy wrote:
>I don't use FP, but I'm sure it can open all html pages you don't need to
>convert them....

Alvin's right that you don't have to convert pages if all you want to do
with FP is edit them.  FP does have some nice features though, that you can
only make use of if you first make a "Web" out of the pages.  In FP2000 you
can either start a new Web then put all the pages into it, or you can use
the Import Web command on the File menu to import all the pages.  The
second method is probably easier.  After you do that, you'll want to use
the Publish Web command on the file menu.  This process (all these steps)
is what will turn your friend's Web site into a FP Web site.  You'll also
notice a few new folders that FP adds to the Web, all beginning with an
underscore and having names like "_vti_cnf," "_vti_pvt," etc.  These aren't
absolutely necessary if all you want to do is view the pages on the site,
but if you delete them it will no longer be a FP Web.

Regards,
Bob Mathews                  bobm(at)dessci.com
Director of Training         830-990-9699
Design Science, Inc.
"How Science Communicates"
http://www.dessci.com